Sooo, on Halloween weekend, I wore my firefighter costume and traipsed to 30+ Bay Area bookstores to sign stock copies of MEN ON FIRE.
What seemed like a brilliant idea (the costume) in the shower, felt embarrassing once implemented, as I realized I was nearly the only one walking around wearing a costume. (NOTE: I did find a handful of B&N and Borders staff in costumes – please go vote for a winner!)
Here’s a video of my costume – (yes, yes, I am spending waaaay too much time experimenting with my camcorder and video software. But it’s so much fun!)
And here are some wonderful discoveries made on my trip:
- Nearly all the B&N stores had MEN ON FIRE face-out on the romance new release shelf
- The B&N on Almaden Expwy in San Jose, CA had the most copies – 6 copies
- Within 3 days, the B&N store in Fremont, CA had sold 2 of the 3 copies and has 3 on backorder
- Several of the stores invited me to do a book signing – details coming
- Though MEN ON FIRE had not arrived at all stores, I signed books at 25 or so of them. Click here for a list of stores with autographed copies.
Isn’t that great news?
Now, I suppose I’d best get to work doing something like … oh, I don’t know … writing?! (LOL)