"We're always in the

Going after a dream...

Chasing a fantasy...

And making it a
reality.

This is what I write
about.

Life is about the chase."

~ Rachelle

Salt flat in San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
Salt flat in San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Almost exactly a year ago, I blogged with the exciting news that I’d been on CBS. And then … nothing.

Sorry about that.

I moved to South America.

I taught English in Santiago, Chile for awhile.

Then decided I didn’t want to live in Chile. So, off I went to Peru … and Bolivia … and Argentina … and Uruguay.

Eight months later, I’m back in the U.S. For now. At least long enough to finish a funny book about my adventures.

So … since I will finally have a book to share with you in 2012, will you forgive me?

Happy Holidays!

13 Responses to “A Year Later …”
  1. Sharon Hamilton says:

Welcome back, Rachelle. You are sure adventurous and can’t wait to hear all your stories.

2. Rachelle says:

Thank you, Sharon. There are many things I’m enjoying being back to – like heat! -:)

3. Cherie says:

Welcome back Rachelle! It’s so great to hear from you & boy have you been busy! Looking forward to hearing more & of course excited for a new book! (((HUGS)))

4. Janice says:

Back to travel writing – yeah!

5. Jane says:

Yay, you’re back. Hope we’ll hear more about your adventures.

6. Rachelle says:

Cherie - thanks for hanging in there and not giving up on me, especially since I’m so bad at blogging, posting to FB, tweeting, etc. Hugs to you! And thanks.

Janice - LOL. As you can see, going back to where I started is a common occurrence. Nice to hear from you. Hope your travel writing is going well!

Jane- thank you. Yes, you will be hearing more, until you’re screaming, “Stop! Enough!” :)

7. Amber Green says:

Welcome home. Hope you took lots of notes. It’s the little details that tend to disappear if you don’t jot something down.

8. Rachelle says:

Amber – thanks. Yes, I took lots of notes. The problem I have now is going through them and figuring out what to use. Nice hearing from you!

9. Auriette says:

Wow, what an amazing year you’ve had! Looking forward to hearing more from you, at least in the near future, before you jet off (or sail away) again.

10. Rachelle says:

Auriette – yes, it was pretty amazing. I feel very fortunate to have had the experience. Thank you!

11. Mary Lavine says:

Welcome back, Rachelle. So good to hear your voice, and you look fabulous! Can’t wait to hear your stories. M

12. Rita says:

Hi, Rachelle, Welcome back! I was a Latin American Studies major in college, so I’m intrigued by what you’ve done. Looking forward to your book!

13. Rachelle says:

So sorry, Mary and Rita! I just noticed that my response to you didn’t make it here …

Mary, you are too kind. Thanks! I am struggling through the stories but hope to have the book done soon.

Rita, that’s very interesting, Rita. Are you involved in Latin American culture now?

Will keep you all posted on the book. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Wishing you a belated Happy New Year!